Thursday, March 31, 2016

Penguin Love

Happy April, and welcome to a new month long challenge from Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.  As always, it is Anything Goes as long as it is Christmas related.  Here is my card for your inspiration:
Ooo . . . don't you love that two-tone bow???  I used my Bow Easy tool to create it.  I've never tried this before, but I will definitely be doing it again.  Love the look!  The "snow hills" were in my bits and pieces stash, I just inked up the edges with some silver ink so they would stand out better.  I cut the penguin out and popped it up with foam tape.  Then I added the little red hearts to his hands; so cute!

Challenges:
Fantastic Tuesday #130--hearts & flowers
Retro Rubber #35--anything goes (my sentiment is probably 6 years old or more and the penguin digi is at least 3--if a digi doesn't count, I'm so sorry, please remove my entry)
Tuesday Throwdown #287--add lace
Tuesday Morning #345--sketch

Craftin' Desert Divas--black & white plus a splash of color
Pixie's Playground #222--anything goes with snippets (the snow hills, tag, black and white banners are all snippets)
Hiding In My Craft Room #244--any holiday
Little Miss Muffet #134--anything goes
One Stitch At A Time #258--embossing
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday--anything goes
Inspiration Destination Challenge #79--anything goes
Crafty Gals Corner #65--anything goes
Penny's Paper #271--anything goes
Fab n Funky #298--Christmas


Supplies:
Stamps: Bugaboo Stamps "Little Penguin Winter" digi; Verve "Ornamental Christmas" sentiment
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 13" tag and "Blueprints 12" little banner; Verve "Flag It"
Cuttlebug embossing folder

19 comments:

Marie Bingaman said...

Hi Heather! Just wanted to stop by and leave some DT teamie love. That bow is adorable and those little hearts? TOO CUTE! He looks great on that tag too. :)

Di said...

Such a cutie Heather - super card! How funny, I just got a package yesterday with a couple of Bow Easy gadgets in - one as part of a future Playground prize. Love how you made the double bow, main reason I bought it so it's great to see yours!

Hugs

Di xx

Unknown said...

Hi Heather, super Christmas card, love the colour scheme and the cute little penguin. Fabulous bow and thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty. Good luck in the draw and we hope you will join us again soon. Jennifer DT member x

Debbie Mageed said...

Cute Christmas card! Love the penguin (digi images are fine as long as they are older)! Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber and hope you will join us again soon.

Lin said...

Such a sweet penguin, Heather, he's sure to be a hit come Christmas! Thanks for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Kris B said...

Such a cute card! The penguin is adorable and I love the snow banks! Wonderful job with the sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

handcrafthobby said...

The Penquin is so sweet and cute!
Thank you for sharing with us at Craftin Desert Divas' Linky Party!
DT Jan

Patricia Alvarez said...

Very cute card. I love the bow. Thanks for sharing with us over Inspiration Destination. Good luck!!! Patricia

Debbie said...

This is so cute! Fun penguin image, and I love your two-tone bow!!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie (TMS DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Maria Rodriguez said...

Love this sweet Christmas card, the pop of red against the black and white background draws your eyes to the sweet snow bank scene, love the lace bow and your embossed snow.
Thank you for sharing your card at Retro Rubber, hope to see you in the gallery again soon.

Jane Knudsen said...

I am going to give you a high five for that bow! What an adorable card and in my opinion - any thing with a penguin on it makes me happy! Plus I am a fan of the black and white card with a pop of color! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber!

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful card...love the cute penguin....Thank you for joining us this week at Fan n Funky....Joolsx

SewPaperPaint said...

This is just the cutest card!!! <3

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

I do love the bow! Awesome c! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner! Jeanie, DT

Unknown said...

What an adorable Christmas card! I am going to try out that bow that you made so fantastic! Love the pearls detail! Thanks for including Retro Rubber in your stamping fun this week! Hope to see you in our gallery often!

Lena said...

Totally cute and fun card :-)
Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
Hugs ~ Lena, DT
Lena’s Creations

Michelle said...

A stunning creation Heather - thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty - good luck - Michelle x

Claire Grantham said...

Great card, but its the bow that is making it for me..I need those two tone bows in my life. Thanks for playing with us at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

Migdalia said...

This is just ADORABLE!Love the cute penguin!
new follower.
Have a blessed day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M