Monday, March 7, 2016

Let Your Dreams Fly

Hello, Everyone! It's Heather with my Project of the Week for The House That Stamps Built.  I was drawing a blank on what to share with you this time, until I was making a different card and added a little bit extra to dress up the inside and I figured I would do a quick little project about decorating the inside of a card.  I usually don't decorate the inside of my cards, but every once in a while I do like to add something to make it more special.  Here's my finished card:
 The base layer was stamped with Repeat Impressions "Sheet Music" stamp and the main panel uses the "Dandelion Breeze" stamp and the "Dreams Take Flight" sentiment.  I stamped the image in versamark and embossed it with white powder.  Then I sponged a bit of aqua around the image to really make it pop.  Ok, so on to my project.  Here's what you need:

  • your finished card
  • a light and dark ink (I used two grays)
  • your stamps (I used the same image as the front and a second sentiment)
  • I used a stitched rectangle to match the front of the card and the same ribbon as on the front

 Start by stamping your sentiment in the darker ink color.  I used "Beautiful Days" and a dark gray.
 Then stamp you image in the lighter color ink.  You want to be able to see it, but don't want it to distract from the sentiment.  I used the dandelion image and a light gray ink.  It's a little hard to see in the photo, but it is just enough to add some interest.
 I finished it off by wrapping a strip of ribbon around the bottom of the panel.
 And then adhered it to the inside of the card.  It's a fun and pretty way to make your card just a little bit more special.
I hope you enjoyed my project  and I hope it inspires you to decorate the inside of your cards once in a while, too.

Supplies:
Stamps: Repeat Impressions "Sheet Music", "Dandelion Breeze", "Dreams Take Flight" and
"Beautiful Days"
Dies: MFT "Blueprints 13" stitched rectangle; Spellbinders "A2 Matting Basics B" rectangle

Challenges:
If You Give a Crafter a Cookie #38--inspiration photo (that turquoise/aqua color grabbed me right away!)
Fussy & Fancy #158--Shabby Fun with Bingo (I used the 2nd row: something old {the ribbon I've had for years), something new {first time I've used this dandelion image}, frills and/or lace {sheer ribbon} and pretty pearls too)
Scrapper's Delights #53--anything goes
Unicorn Challenge #7--Clean and Simple
Word Art Wednesday #221--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Crafting by Designs--anything goes for March
The Paper Shelter #238--Bingo fun (I used the first row: text, ribbon, pearls)
Inspiration Destination #75--anything goes
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Wonderful Wednesday--anything goes
Crafty Ribbons #145--monochrome
Jo's Scrap Shack #128--anything goes
Creative Fingers #104--anything goes


11 comments:

Unknown said...

The flight of the dandelion fluff a new concerto for sure. The soft color against the music score is GREAT. Thank you so much for entering our 221st challenge. We are always delighted to see your entries and appreciate your inspirational creativity.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday
DT Member

Unknown said...

I love how you did this. Thanks for joining us at Scrappers Delights
Xoxo Heather

Kathy S said...

Beautiful Heather - I never decorate my insides. Guess this is a good time to give it a whirl. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sandy said...

Beautiful piece of embossed resist Heather, and a great tip on decorating the inside of the card. Thanks for joining us at the Cookie Challenge twice this time. Sandy/Cookie DT

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card Heather thank you for joining us over on Inspiration Destination
Dianne x
IDCB DT

Stampsnob. said...

This is so fresh TFS Unicorn Ch Lis DT

Inkypinkydelights said...

What a lovely card! Thank you so much for taking the time to share at Fussy & Fancy and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT x

Karen Hasheck said...

Totally gorgeous inside and out Heather! I am here to pin it and CASE later:)

Barbara Washburn said...

Less is more quite often. This is perfect! Thanks for sharing at Unicorn Challenges. Barbara DT

Unknown said...

So pretty and great you showed how you did it. Thank you for joining us at Scrappers Delights. Helen DT

Jo Ann said...

Loving your CAS design. Great use of pastel colors. We are so blessed with your participation in our previous Challenge and would love to have you back for our current Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. I want to share with you the inspiration of God's Word from Habakkuk 2:3-4 and it says, " For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay. “See, the enemy is puffed up; his desires are not upright— but the righteous person will live by his faithfulness---." Have an awesome week!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com