Sunday, March 2, 2014

Standing

The two starting points for this card were the green scalloped oval and the polka dotted ribbon.  The oval is from my bits and pieces stash (you can see a picture of the stash here; I'm going to post a picture each month to see how well I am doing at using it up) and the ribbon I have had forever!!  I tried a few new techniques on this one.  If you look closely, you can just see that I stamped the background layer with a script stamp and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  Then I stamped the leaf image over it.  It didn't work out quite like I had thought, but I do like the subtle effect it gave.  I also tried making my own pearl "flourish" embellishment.  I found the idea on pinterest here.  I stamped a flourish stamp onto scrap paper, then laid a piece of acetate packaging over top and used perfect pearls to trace the design.  I need to work on my pearl making technique but I do like the outcome and it was basically free!  (yeay!  I like that!)

Challenges:
Viva La Verve February week 3--sketch

Word Art Wednesday #121--anything goes with uplifting sentiment
Paper Pretties #299--try a new technique
Charisma Cardz #5--something NOT for crafting (the piece of acetate I used was from a stamp packaging)
Mod Squad--Thinking of Spring 2.0 (spring colors, butterflies, leaves)

Supplies:
Stamps: PTI "Turning a new leaf"; Sweet 'n' Sassy "The Future" sentiment; Hero Arts "French Script"
Punches/dies: Martha Stewart Butterfly punch; spellbinders ovals and scalloped ovals, large

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is such a pretty card! Thank you for joining in with us at Charisma Cardz and Good Luck =)
Marylee DT xx

~Tammy~ said...

Love that ribbon treatment. Such a beautiful sentiment.

Bubbles said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
Joanne x

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So beautiful! Just love that bling!